[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MS-Kermit 2.30 Source Files

bph@ut-emx.UUCP (Butler Hine) (02/23/88)

Everything unpacked OK except MSSCOM.ASM, which was truncated.
Does anyone have a complete version of this file they could send
me?  Thanks.

aplau@trillium.waterloo.edu (A.P. Lau) (02/24/88)

Could someone please post parts 2 and 8?  The files are shorter than
normal and the file does not unarc properly.  Thank you.

--
{ihnp4,allegra,decvax,utzoo,utcsri,clyde}!trillium!aplau
aplau@trillium.waterloo.{cdn,edu}

ritzenth@bgsuvax.UUCP (Phil Ritzenthaler) (02/25/88)

In article <933@ut-emx.UUCP>, bph@ut-emx.UUCP (Butler Hine) writes:
> Everything unpacked OK except MSSCOM.ASM, which was truncated.
> Does anyone have a complete version of this file they could send
> me?  Thanks.

Ditto on the truncation . . .

How about a repost of JUST THAT ONE FILE???

--
Phil Ritzenthaler			|USnail: University Computer Services
Computer Graphics Research Consultant   |        241 Math-Science Bldg.

chl@whuts.UUCP (LANG) (02/25/88)

 I seen several requests for reposts of different pieces of the
 15 part MS-KERM 2.30 source posting.   I have received all 15
 parts and they uudecoded correctly.  However, the archive appears
 to be corrupted.  I get several errors when trying to just get a
 verbose listing.  The first one occurs at the 2nd file (MSSAAA.HLP)
 and the 2nd one occurs at MSUGEN.ASM which causes the verbose listing
 to abort.

 Has anyone else had this problem?   Has anyone been able to get the
 complete file to unarc yet?

	Charlie Lang
	AT&T Bell Labs
	Whippany
	201-386-4794
	whuts!chl

gmd1@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Doughty) (02/26/88)

In article <597@slvblc.UUCP>, dick@slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) writes:

> The first fourteen parts of this posting consist of 800 uuencoded
> lines.  Part 15 consists of 52 uuencoded lines.  Part 1 also contains
> a 'begin' line, and Part 15 also contains an 'end' line.

Parts 2 and 8 arrived at out site truncated to 792 and 761 lines respectively.
Did anyone receive them intact?

Greg Doughty
ihnp4!ihlpf!gmd1

guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP (visitors) (02/26/88)

I don't know if this is a problem just on this system, but part 8 of the
posting has a line that is too short.

Could someone repost this part, or does everyone have this problem.

Many thanks.

| Mark Schaffer        | BITNET: 164485913@vuvaxcom                          |
| Villanova University | UUCP:   ...{ihnp4!psuvax1,burdvax,cbmvax,pyrnj,bpa} |
| (Go Wildcats!)       |           !vu-vlsi!excalibur!164485913              |

  please respond/reply to the above addresses and not to guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP

jimt@felix.UUCP (James Tringali) (02/27/88)

Our site did not correctly receive part 6 and part 9
of the Kermit transmission. Could someone please repost?

Thanks,

James Tringali
FileNet Corporation, Costa Mesa, CA

NU098674@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Tony Hammel) (02/28/88)

In article 599@slvblc.UUCP, dick@slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) writes:

>MS-Kermit 2.30 Source Files -- This is part 3 of 15
>
>======= [ remove this line and all that precedes it ] ========
>M"F'IGV *<?G&'5[N.%1__S6FTH#GM7$@9EDMJ%,+6P8X4T35HCA21MV^&&(x
                                                             /^
                           This line is too short.__________/
>M([)1XHD9P9$GDW38U:F'BJDQ7@%RS+%&4Y*!0(9==76G)0B%T7%8&X8A5D:Ax
>M0M70'U.<<N@AB"*2N-(0)V2TFU8M#($J8F.4$>5>Z"T7H["H,>006(;*0.!1x
>M'H'GU:NQSAJ94>G5&(9]==W%(E]^ 28889>9MM=>" 6LP!FB57B9I6^,H1 !x

The first line of this file is missing a character, and it
brings the whole UUDecode process to a halt.   Inserting a
space immediately before the 'x' allows UUDecode to finish
it job, but PKxarc doesn't like the resulting archive. Any
suggestions for possible corrections out there?
                                        Thanks in advance,
                                                      Tony

>Dick Flanagan, W6OLD                         GEnie: FLANAGAN
>UUCP: ...!ucbvax!ucscc!slvblc!dick           Voice: +1 408 336 3481

A small flaw in an otherwise momentous posting.

Tony Hammel
...!cunyvm!ndsuvm1!nu098674
-------
'Well Penfeld, it looks like we'll have to save the world again.'
                                                    'Ooh, Ick...'
:DangerMouse:

hirayama@suvax1.UUCP (Pat Hirayama) (02/29/88)

Greetings net-land!

Could someone please send me MS-Kermit 2.30 Source files 6 and 9?
They both got munged at our site.

Oh yes, and rather than everybody :) sending me a copy, could you
e-mail your offer first, and I'll pick the one that is closest.

Thanks.

PS.  To all of you who requested me to send you the sources for Micro Emacs
3.9e, I'm trying.  Please be patient.

 Pat Hirayama		UUCP:    ...!uw-entropy!dataio!suvax1!hirayama
 Seattle University	USNail:  28625-47th Pl S, Auburn, WA 98001-1140
 Class of 1988		Phone:	 (206) 946-0833

 ". . . the starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible
  manifestations of humanity's stubborn insistence that life does indeed
  mean something."
				Spock
				Final Frontier

dick@slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) (03/02/88)

In article <634NU098674@NDSUVM1> NU098674@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Tony Hammel) writes:
> In article 599@slvblc.UUCP, dick@slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) writes:
>
> >MS-Kermit 2.30 Source Files -- This is part 3 of 15
> >
> >======= [ remove this line and all that precedes it ] ========
> >M"F'IGV *<?G&'5[N.%1__S6FTH#GM7$@9EDMJ%,+6P8X4T35HCA21MV^&&(x
>                                                              /^
>                            This line is too short.__________/
>
> The first line of this file is missing a character, and it
> brings the whole UUDecode process to a halt.   Inserting a
> space immediately before the 'x' allows UUDecode to finish
> it job, but PKxarc doesn't like the resulting archive. Any
> suggestions for possible corrections out there?

Sure.  One character got dropped out of the middle of that line.
Put a C *between* these two characters --vv
                                         vv
M"F'IGV *<?G&'5[N.%1__S6FTH#GM7$@9EDMJ%,+6P8X4T35HCA21MV^&&(x

so that the corrected line becomes:       |
M"F'IGV *<?G&'5[N.%1__S6FTH#GM7$@9EDMJ%,+6CP8X4T35HCA21MV^&&(x
                                          ^

> A small flaw in an otherwise momentous posting.

Boy, one lousy character out of 800,000.  Some folks sure are fussy!  *8-)
Let me know if you have any other problems. . . .

Dick

--
Dick Flanagan, W6OLD                         GEnie: FLANAGAN
UUCP: ...!ucbvax!ucscc!slvblc!dick           Voice: +1 408 336 3481
Internet: slvblc!dick@ucscc.UCSC.EDU         LORAN: N037 04.7 W122 04.6
USPO: PO Box 155, Ben Lomond, CA 95005