[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 3d fortran-callable library for IBM PC clone

apollo@ecf.toronto.edu (Vince Pugliese) (02/23/88)

 i'm posting this for a friend who is looking for a 3d (2d ok)
fortran-callable graphics library for his pc.  it should be able to
drive a hercules card and have a printer driver for his roland. PD
preferable but, if there is a commercial product he'd like to hear
about it. please post or e-mail.
                                         vince pugliese
                                         apollo@ecf.toronto.edu

steve@slovax.UUCP (Steve Cook) (02/26/88)

in article <488@mv04.ecf.toronto.edu>, apollo@ecf.toronto.edu (Vince Pugliese) says:

>  i'm posting this for a friend who is looking for a 3d (2d ok)
> fortran-callable graphics library for his pc.  it should be able to
> drive a hercules card and have a printer driver for his roland. PD
> preferable but, if there is a commercial product he'd like to hear
> about it. please post or e-mail.

   Me too....
   epson driver ok though.

--
Disclaimer: I have no opinions.  RDA has a lot.   Non-intersecting set.
{psivax,ism780}!logico!slovax!steve  :  {hplsla,uw-beaver}!tikal!slovax!steve

tankus@hsi.UUCP (Ed Tankus) (02/29/88)

In article <2833@slovax.UUCP>, steve@slovax.UUCP (Steve Cook) writes:
> in article <488@mv04.ecf.toronto.edu>, apollo@ecf.toronto.edu (Vince Pugliese) says:
> >

> >  i'm posting this for a friend who is looking for a 3d (2d ok)
> > fortran-callable graphics library for his pc.  it should be able to
> > drive a hercules card and have a printer driver for his roland. PD
> > preferable but, if there is a commercial product he'd like to hear
> > about it. please post or e-mail.
>

>    Me too....
>    epson driver ok though.
>

> --
> Disclaimer: I have no opinions.  RDA has a lot.   Non-intersecting set.
> {psivax,ism780}!logico!slovax!steve  :  {hplsla,uw-beaver}!tikal!slovax!steve
> Steve Cook              R & D Associates,3625 Perkins Lane SW
> Ithering Blidiot        Tacoma,Wa 98499,206-581-1322

Every once in awhile this kind of request seems to pop up so this time I
thought I would respond here.

There is a company called Microcompatibles in Silver Spring, MD that sells
Fortran-callable and Pascal-callable plotting/graphing routines.  They also
make a standalone package.

Microcompatibles is now available from the Programmer's Connection.  The
software you should ask for is Graphmatic/Plotmatic (callable) or Omniplot
(standalone).

Cheers!

-- Ed.

Net  :  {uunet,ihnp4,noao,yale}!hsi!tankus
Snail:  Health Systems Int'l, 100 Broadway, New Haven, CT 06511
Bell :  (203) 562-2101

ganzer@trout.NOSC.MIL (Mark T. Ganzer) (03/03/88)

In article <488@mv04.ecf.toronto.edu>, apollo@ecf.toronto.edu (Vince Pugliese) writes:

>  i'm posting this for a friend who is looking for a 3d (2d ok)
> fortran-callable graphics library for his pc.  it should be able to
> drive a hercules card and have a printer driver for his roland. PD
> preferable but, if there is a commercial product he'd like to hear
> about it. please post or e-mail.
>                                          vince pugliese
>                                          apollo@ecf.toronto.edu

I have a catalog in front of me with a plot package called "Plot88" by
Plotworks. It's supposed to be derived from and compatable with CalComp
mainframe grahics software and is supposed to generate mesh and contour
plots as well as normal 2-D plots.

It's listed in a catalog by EduCALC in Laguna Niguel, CA. I've been
thinking of ordering it. Anyone have any experience with this? Also any
experience with Boeing Graph?
--
MarK T. Ganzer                    Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego
UUCP: {bonnie,sdcsvax,gould9,hp-sdd} - !nosc!ganzer