[comp.sys.ibm.pc] problem in part 3 of MS Kermit 2.30 source

las@apr.UUCP (Larry Shurr) (02/29/88)

In the copy received at this site, the first line of part 3 is missing
a single character from somewhere in the line.  I can't figure out
what character and where it belongs (there are a lot of possibilities).
This one damaged line causes one file, MSSCOM.ASM in the archive to
fail CRC check (I unarced that file and it looked ok superficially, but
closer inspection showed that it is indeed damaged).

Does someone know what this single line should look like?  Or does
someone have MSSCOM.ASM?  Posting of the repaired line would be most
preferable (lower cost).

BTW, I imagine that the posting of this large source package in a
binaries-only newsgroup may cause some outrage.  Obviously, I didn't
let that stop me from accepting a copy, but I imagine that we really
should try to stick to the 'charter' of each newsgroup or the
net.responsible.persons may get tired of the whole thing and put an
end to these facilities.

regards, Larry
--
"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."
- Oscar Wilde, James Whistler or George Bernard Shaw depending on who you ask

len@elxsi.UUCP (Len Mills) (03/04/88)

In article <408@apr.UUCP> las@apr.UUCP (Larry Shurr) writes:

>Does someone know what this single line should look like?  Or does

As this is the sixth such request I've seen, here's the info:

MS-Kermit 2.30 Source Files -- This is part 3 of 15

======= [ remove this line and all that precedes it ] ========
M"F'IGV *<?G&'5[N.%1__S6FTH#GM7$@9EDMJ%,+6CP8X4T35HCA21MV^&&(x

Just in case this goes bad, the last five characters are:
caret, ampersand, ampersand, beginning parenthesis, lower-case x

--

Len Mills ...
{uunet,ucbvax!sun,lll-lcc!lll-tis,altos86,bridge2}!elxsi!len