[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Compuserve link?

aja@i.cc.purdue.edu (Miek Rowan) (03/02/88)

Is there a link to compuserve from bitnet, arpa or csnet (or uucp?)
where is this gateway if it exists?

thanks
miek

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (03/05/88)

In article <2655@i.cc.purdue.edu> aja@i.cc.purdue.edu (Miek Rowan) writes:

>Is there a link to compuserve from bitnet, arpa or csnet (or uucp?)
>where is this gateway if it exists?
>
>thanks
>miek

Unfortunately there is no. There is a company called DA Systems which has
established gateways between approx. a dozen different E-mail systems,
including Internet & UUCP, called DASNET.

When I established my account with them, they told me that CompuServe had
specifically asked them NOT TO ESTABLISH a gateway in and out of CIS.

Very user-friendly, if you ask me!

(Info on DASNET can be had from AnnaB@11.DAS.NET (...!sun!dasnet!11!AnnaB).)
--
Wolf N. Paul                  Phone: (214) 306-9101 (h)   (214) 404-8077 (w)
3387 Sam Rayburn Run          UUCP: ihnp4!killer!{dcs, doulos}!wnp