[comp.sys.ibm.pc] TESTDRIVE... What happens?

jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan Joshua) (03/01/88)

	I think that it was very nice of Datastorm to provide us with
a test version of procomm+.  Here's what I want to know....

What happens now?  What is missing?

Let me elaborate.  Does this program stop working after 6 times or
something like that?  Does it slow down?  Maybe some of the functions
don't work?  Does anyone have the answer?

	I have used the program once and I would like to know how long
I will have it.  I know that there is a message screen that says that
the program is for evaluation only but does anything happen?  I don't
want to put this program on my 'real' disks if it is not going to be
around for much longer.

--
|o|   Jonathan Joshua      jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu      CCIS Operator     |o|
|o|                                                                         |o|

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (03/03/88)

In article <18456@topaz.rutgers.edu> jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan Joshua) writes:

 >	I think that it was very nice of Datastorm to provide us with
 >a test version of procomm+.  Here's what I want to know....
 >
 >What happens now?  What is missing?
 >
 >Let me elaborate.  Does this program stop working after 6 times or
 >something like that?  Does it slow down?  Maybe some of the functions
 >don't work?  Does anyone have the answer?
 >
 >	I have used the program once and I would like to know how long
 >I will have it.  I know that there is a message screen that says that
 >the program is for evaluation only but does anything happen?  I don't
 >want to put this program on my 'real' disks if it is not going to be
 >around for much longer.

The only difference between the Test Drive version and the "real thing"
is the opening screen and the absence of the keyboard remapping utility.

Test Drive does not stop working or slow down, etc.

HOWEVER, you're not supposed to put this program on your "real" disks --
you're supposed to "test drive" it for a short period, and then purchase
the commercial version for ca. $75 to put on your "real" disks :-) ...
--
Wolf N. Paul                  Phone: (214) 306-9101 (h)   (214) 404-8077 (w)
3387 Sam Rayburn Run          UUCP: ihnp4!killer!{dcs, doulos}!wnp

guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP (visitors) (03/06/88)

In article <18456@topaz.rutgers.edu> jjoshua@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan Joshua) writes:

>	I think that it was very nice of Datastorm to provide us with
>a test version of procomm+.  Here's what I want to know....
>
>What happens now?  What is missing?

Well, from what I can tell, It doesn't have a manual and It doesn't support the
redefinition of keys, both of which are available with the real version.

As for when/if the program does something like the tapes on Mission-Impossible,
I just don't know, although from the wording in one of the files, I suppose
the program does not expire.

| Mark Schaffer        | BITNET: 164485913@vuvaxcom                          |
| Villanova University | UUCP:   ...{ihnp4!psuvax1,burdvax,cbmvax,pyrnj,bpa} |
| (Go Wildcats!)       |           !vu-vlsi!excalibur!164485913              |

  please respond/reply to the above addresses and not to guest@vu-vlsi.UUCP