[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ROM BIOS PROBLEM

Gary_Burke@busker (Gary Burke) (03/07/88)

I'm having a problem using a Seagate ST-225 hard disk with a standard
256k pc.  I was told the rom bios might be too old, but when I ran
the basic program to check the date, the date was 10-27-82, which is
supposed to be within the range that will recognize hard disks. Has
anyone else had this problem, and if so, what was your solution?? I've
been told by a reputable dealer that the updated rom bios is no longer
available. Any comments on that one?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gary

---
 * Origin: Busker's Opus (Opus 1:105/14)
SEEN-BY: 105/14

--
  Originated at:

  UUCP    : ...!tektronix!reed!busker!nev  nev@busker.UUCP
  INTERNET: node14.net105.zone1.IFNA.ORG
  FidoNet : 105/14 (Busker's Opus (503)771-4773)  (Opus/UFgate)