[comp.sys.ibm.pc] What is Procomm Plus and Why?

mike@erix.UUCP (Mike Williams) (03/08/88)

After having run it, I found that it just seems to be a normal kermit
with a flashy user interface. I pulled Mskermit 2.30 from the net a
month or so ago and there seems very little that Procomm can do that I
can't already do in Mskermit. Why do people pay money for software like
Procomm when Mskermit is around?

Is there a market for this type of software? If I rewrote (for
example) Microemacs with the same functionality would there people who
would buy it?

I really feel puzzled.

Mike Williams

randy@chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) (03/11/88)

In article <1577@erix.UUCP> mike@erix.UUCP (Mike Williams) writes:
>. Why do people pay money for software like
>Procomm when Mskermit is around?
>
>I really feel puzzled.

	Does mskermit support 8 file transfer protocols?  Batch
	file transfer?   1k block file transfer with 98% thruput?
	(Kermit has the worse thruput outside of the US Mail)
	Review (with 2 keystrokes) of 64k worth of your session
	with string search?  Multiple fone list dialer, with hammer
	dial?
	I have a dozen comm programs, including kermit2.30 and
	Procomm 2.4.2.  Procomm is the only one I use on my
	PC's.  I wish it was available for the Mac.
--
that's the biz, sweetheart.....
Randy Suess