[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Procomm Plus Update

tmy6405@acf3.NYU.EDU (Ted M. Young) (03/12/88)

In article <998@slvblc.UUCP> slvblc!dick@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (Dick Flanagan) writes:
>The "official word" from Datastorm's Support RoundTable on GEnie (as of
>last week) was that registered users of Procomm Plus would get a copy
>of the bug-fix release free for the asking.  Concurrent with this, a
                                     ^^^^^^
 You mean the registration card I sent in isn't good enough? I have to *ask*
them to send me an update?!?  Such great service.

--
Ted M. Young          \ tmy6405@acf3.nyu.edu  \ "..restless young romantic,
3801 Hudson Manor Terr.\ tmy6405@NYU-ACF3.ARPA \ wants to run the big machine"

David_J_Buerger@cup.portal.com (03/13/88)

I'm really irritated with Datastorm, too.  I called the main
number to "request" the bug fix for Procomm Plus and the snippy
woman who answered told me I had to call the customer support
department to make the request.  I asked her to transfer me,
and she told me it wasn't at that number.  I asked her for the
number and she told me "I don't have it, it's in the back of
your manual."  I told her the manual was at home, and I was at
work, and I was calling long distance NOW to make the request.

My request got me nowhere.  This "service" is ridiculous.