[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Concurrent DOS backup utility??

david@squid.UUCP (03/11/88)

From squid!david Thu Mar 10 11:03 CST 1988 remote from occrsh
From: ihnp4!occrsh!squid!david (David M Drexler)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 88 11:03:20 CST
Subject: Concurrent DOS backup utility??

/**
 **  Address in header may be incorrect. Please reply to:
 **  { ihnp4 | moss | cbosgd | uokmax }!occrsh!squid!david
 **
 **/

I am looking for a backup utility for Concurrent CP/M vers 4.1 and
up, that:

   Can use CP/M floppy disks,
   Backs up all files and user areas,
   Can handle multi-volumes, ie, split large files across volumes,
   Is device-independant, ie, isn't hardcoded for A: or whatever

The target machine is an LF Technologies Concurrent DOS box. LFT simply
expects ALL customers to use tape backup, which is not always a valid
assumption. And they no longer even sell the Concurrent DOS, and so are not
the slightest bit interested in floppy backup for it.

I could write one, but finding one that already works would be infinitely
preferable. PD, Shareware, commercial, whatever, are all acceptable.

Does anybody know of such a beast?

 /\_______ __________________________
(_)\avid   ihnp4!occrsh!squid!david    Oklahoma: famous for shopping
.

asgard@cpro.UUCP (J.R. Stoner) (03/13/88)

> I am looking for a backup utility for Concurrent CP/M vers 4.1 and
> up, that:
>    Can use CP/M floppy disks,
>    Backs up all files and user areas,
>    Can handle multi-volumes, ie, split large files across volumes,
>    Is device-independant, ie, isn't hardcoded for A: or whatever

Yes.  If you get in touch with George Markle at MCC in Mountain View
(among other things MCC is the CompuPro System Center there so they
should be listed) He can get you a copy of FILE*WORKS, which does
exactly the things you want to do.  I assume your machine is capable
of importing the usual media types?
J.R.

--
"To prevent having to tell fools to RTFM don't let on you WTFM to begin with."
J.R. Stoner	asgard@cpro.UUCP    asgard@wotan.UUCP