[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DOS LPT-to-Disk Redirection

murillo@sigi.Colorado.EDU (Rodrigo Murillo) (03/04/88)

I have seen mention of a TSR utility that traps LPT output to
a specified disk file.  Could someone please direct me to where
that utility is?  Thanks very much.  Please e-mail me.

 Rodrigo Murillo, University of Colorado - Boulder  (303) 761-0410
 murillo@boulder.colorado.edu | ..{hao|nbires}!boulder!murillo
 ( Machines have less problems.  I'd like to be a machine. -- Andy Worhol )

aja@i.cc.purdue.edu (Miek Rowan) (03/04/88)

In article <4629@sigi.Colorado.EDU>, murillo@sigi.Colorado.EDU (Rodrigo Murillo) writes:
> I have seen mention of a TSR utility that traps LPT output to
> a specified disk file.  Could someone please direct me to where
> that utility is?  Thanks very much.  Please e-mail me.

There are 2 I know of.  One is LPTx which I have (at version 6 I think)
and the other is called redirect.  Both work. Sometimes :-)

I'll post them tommorow unless someone has a more recent version (this one
is dated around 9/87

miek

markd@wolf.UUCP (Mark Divecchio) (03/04/88)

In article <4629@sigi.Colorado.EDU>, murillo@sigi.Colorado.EDU (Rodrigo Murillo) writes:
> I have seen mention of a TSR utility that traps LPT output to
> a specified disk file.  Could someone please direct me to where
> that utility is?  Thanks very much.

LPTx, Line Printer Capture Program which redirects LPT1, LPT2
or LPT3 to a disk file is available from me.
Version 7.00 is the current version and works well under all
versions of DOS.
You can get a copy from my RBBS at 619-549-3927.
You can also leave or send
messages to me there. (24hrs/day 7 days/week).
You can also get a copy of this User Supported Software, by
sending a DSDD 360K formatted (no DOS OS on the disk, please),
along with a prepaid Self-Addressed diskette mailer to
Mark C. DiVecchio, 10435 Mountain Glen Terrace, San Diego CA 92131.
My phone number is 619-549-4056 (M-W-F 0900-1100 PST).

--
---------------------------------
Mark C. DiVecchio 10435 Mountain Glen Terrace, San Diego, CA 92131

yuan@uhccux.UUCP (Yuan Chang) (03/09/88)

In article <2665@i.cc.purdue.edu> aja@i.cc.purdue.edu (Miek Rowan) writes:
>There are 2 I know of.  One is LPTx which I have (at version 6 I think)
>and the other is called redirect.  Both work. Sometimes :-)

	LPTx mess up when the file your dumping the LPT output to
gets to be greater than 64K.  It wraps around and then writes over the
beginning of the dump file.  I'm not too sure which version I have
(and hench the bug could have been fixed already), but it was the
latest one to make it to comp.binaries.ibm.pc.

--
Yuan Chang
UUCP:      {ihnp4,uunet,ucbvax,dcdwest}!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!yuan

trr@rayssd.ray.com (Terry R. Raymond) (03/17/88)

In article <4629@sigi.Colorado.EDU>, murillo@sigi.Colorado.EDU (Rodrigo Murillo) writes:
> I have seen mention of a TSR utility that traps LPT output to
> a specified disk file.  Could someone please direct me to where
> that utility is?  Thanks very much.  Please e-mail me.

--
Terry Raymond
Raytheon Submarine Signal Division; Portsmouth RI; (401)-847-8000 x5597