[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Anyone using Mitsubishi Diamond Sca

john@prism.TMC.COM (03/17/88)

I'm considering getting a Mitsubishi 'diamond-scan' monitor.  Mainly
I'm attracted to the fact that I can use it in a variety of ways, and
even hook it up to my VCR, using NTSC video.  But I've never seen one
in action.  Anyone out there in netland have any experience with this
one, and do you like it?

----
JOHN DOWD	john@mirror.TMC.COM
{mit-eddie, ihnp4, harvard!wjh12, cca, cbosgd, seismo}!mirror!john
Mirror Systems	Cambridge, MA  02140

gerard@tscs.UUCP (Stephen M. Gerard) (03/19/88)

In article <206900104@prism> john@prism.TMC.COM writes:

>I'm considering getting a Mitsubishi 'diamond-scan' monitor.  Mainly
>I'm attracted to the fact that I can use it in a variety of ways, and

The "Diamond Scan" AUM1371 is a very nice monitor, my favorite one in its
class at the present time.  The screen has a nice black background and I
much prefer its display to the NEC MultiSync.

The monitor has the controls (except power) in the back along with three
connectors, 25 pin for analog RGB, a 9 pin for TTL RGBI, and a BNC connector
for NTSC composite video.  The monitor comes with a 9 pin cable suitable
for use with an CGA/EGA/VGA(TTL) display adapter.  The composite video works
nicely with a VCR, slightly dimmer than a TV and of course, no speaker.

We have sold several of these units and have had no failures.

The RETAIL price for the monitor is $889.00 and the tilt/swivel base is $30.00.
I have heard rumors that the price is going up soon, I'm not sure if it's
the retail price or just our dealer cost or both.

Hope this information helps!

Steve

Stephen Gerard  -  Total Support Computer Systems  -  Tampa  -  (813) 876-5990
UUCP: gerard@tscs				  ...codas!usfvax2!tscs!gerard
US-MAIL: Post Office Box 15395 - Tampa, Florida  33684-5395