[comp.sys.ibm.pc] hooking up Apple modem to IBM serial port

emp@ut-emx.UUCP (naDev~tlhIngan~putulu) (03/22/88)

...like the title says: I've got this Apple 300/1200 baud modem (the kind that
fits under the telephone), and I'd love to hook it up to my IBM (std. Turbo 10)
so I can run a second modem. What I need to know is if anyone has come across
either a place that sells the proper cable, or if someoen else has adapted the
modem to fit the serial port themselves, and can supply the proper pinouts.

...he, I got the damn thing in a hardware swap, so I guess I'd better find a
use for it..

							OM

cc@xroads.UUCP (Dan McGuirk) (03/28/88)

In article <1299@ut-emx.UUCP>, emp@ut-emx.UUCP (naDev~tlhIngan~putulu) writes:
> ...he, I got the  wonderful thing in a hardware swap, so I guess I'd better find a
> use for it..

What, the Apple modem or the IBM?  :-)

Dan
--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 \/   (602) 971-2240