[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Kermit & Windows

todd@uhccux.UUCP (Todd Ogasawara) (04/01/88)

In article <2846@encore.UUCP> chan@encore.UUCP (Jerry Chan) writes:
>However, *not all* is at loss...  Why not do the less obvious -- b'dazzle
>your family and Mac-wielding friends -- and run Procomm from *within*
>Windows 2.0?  I have successfully done exactly that and have been able to
>achieve the *appearance* of multitasking.  Perform the following:

Speaking of terminal programs and Windows 2.03... Has anyone else had the
following problem with Kermit 2.29 & Windows 2.03?  I created a PIF to let
Kermit run in a window (no big trick).  All seemed well until I tried to
'exit' Kermit after downloading a file.  When I tried to exit Kermit, the
error message 'Divide by zero' appeared in a window and my system hung.  I
tried this a couple of times and replicated the problem.  The problem DOES
NOT appear if I DO NOT download any files when using Kermit.

--
Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii Faculty Development Program
UUCP:		{ihnp4,uunet,ucbvax,dcdwest}!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!todd