[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VIRUS protection, hardware

mal@hjuxa.UUCP (LEACH) (04/01/88)

It seems to me that the only sure fire protection from virus programs
is hardware write protects on hard disks.  Are there any disks available
now that have a write protect button right up front on the face plate?

--
Michael A. Leach
      ...!{ihnp4,decvax,clyde,rutgers,worm}!hjuxa!mal

guest@vu-vlsi.Villanova.EDU (visitors) (04/04/88)

In article <866@hjuxa.UUCP> mal@hjuxa.UUCP (LEACH) writes:

>It seems to me that the only sure fire protection from virus programs
>is hardware write protects on hard disks.  Are there any disks available
>now that have a write protect button right up front on the face plate?

Well, this is not such a new Idea.  I seem to recall that DEC's RL02 drives
have write protect buttons on them.  Maybe they're ahead of there time. ;-)

----
Mark Schaffer            BITNET: 16448591@VUVAXCOM
Villanova University     UUCP:   ...{ihnp4!psuvax1,burdvax,cbmvax,pyrnj,bpa}
(Go Wildcats!)                     !vu-vlsi!excalibur!164485913

"Look, It's Bicycle Repair Man!  He's fixing it with his own hands!"