[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Procomm Help, now .BAT file BBS

jcb@loral.UUCP (Jay C. Bowden) (04/07/88)

In article <1592@lll-lcc.aRpA> mike@lll-lcc.aRpA (Mike Hummell) writes:
>In article <1574@loral.UUCP>, jcb@loral.UUCP (Jay C. Bowden) writes:

>> "front end", implemented entirely with batch files,
>>
>> If you do call, I use a MR MOX power switch so wait 60 secs for
>> the system to boot.
>>
>> I can give you more info if you're interested...
>
>Could you give an example of 1 or 2 of your batch files using ASK ?

OK, I hope this is of general interest.  These are the actual .BAT
files that I use on my 'BBS'.  They do what I want, and they were
easy to make, but no guarantees!  There are 3 of them, each one
starts with a File= line.

If you called (619) 481-1753 and it did not work, try it again;
I think I had a flakey modem (4/6/88).

rem ---------- File = FRONT.BAT:  Startup of BBS system ----------

echo --------------------------------------------- >> CALLLOG
date > lpt2: < cronly
: First, set the baud rate
:TOGGLE

mode COM1: 1200,N,8,1,P
echo [1200: hit RETURN] > COM1:
INPCOM1
IF ERRORLEVEL 13 IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 14 GOTO BAUDOK : CR
INPCOM1
IF ERRORLEVEL 13 IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 14 GOTO BAUDOK : CR
mode COM1: 2400,N,8,1,P
echo [2400: hit RETURN] > COM1:
INPCOM1
IF ERRORLEVEL 13 IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 14 GOTO BAUDOK : CR
INPCOM1
IF ERRORLEVEL 13 IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 14 GOTO BAUDOK : CR
GOTO TOGGLE

:BAUDOK
echo one moment please... > COM1:

REM  Log date and time only if baud was good
DATE < CRONLY >> CALLLOG
TIME < CRONLY >> CALLLOG

: Now go to the BBS mode
MBBS
:xxxx ---------- File = MBBS.BAT V88/03/30.08.1:  Main BBS loop ----------
:REMENU
copy MBBS.MEN com1:
answer Select: > COM1: < COM1:
IF %answer%==1 GOTO SVC1 : digit 1
IF %answer%==2 GOTO SVC2
IF %answer%==3 GOTO SVC3
IF %answer%==4 GOTO SVC4
IF %answer%==5 GOTO SVC5
IF %answer%==9 GOTO BATEND
GOTO REMENU

:SVC1
 EECON     : chain to different batch file
GOTO REMENU

:SVC2
  rem   Deliver message about MR. MOX
  COPY MOXMSG COM1:
GOTO REMENU

:SVC3
  rem   Dump out the files used by this system
  COPY FRONT.BAT COM1:
  COPY MBBS.BAT COM1:
  COPY EECON.BAT COM1:
GOTO REMENU

:SVC4
 rem  Invoke PROCOMM  to switch to Remote Console
 cd \procomm
 echo Execute procomm and switch to host mode
 procomm /Fmoxrbbs
 cd \
GOTO  BATEND

:SVC5
 rem  Invoke PCANYWHERE
 cd \anywhere
 rem auto baud, COM1, direct conn, both kbds,
 rem other settings from PCANYWHERE defaults
 anywhere AUTO,COM1,D,B
 cd ..
GOTO  BATEND

:XTTY     This may be added as one of the service choices
  CTTY COM1:
GOTO BATEND

:BATEND
  COPY BYE.MSG COM1:

:xxxx ---------- File = EECON.BAT: EE/Consultant Registry ----------
rem V88/03/31.18.1 JCB
rem   Note usage in a log file!
ECHO Used EE/CS Registry >> CALLLOG
:REMENU
COPY EEMENU COM1:
answer Select: > COM1: < COM1:
IF %answer%==1 GOTO SVC1 : digit 1
IF %answer%==2 GOTO SVC2
IF %answer%==3 GOTO SVC3
IF %answer%==4 GOTO SVC4
GOTO REMENU
:SVC1
 COPY EEHELP COM1:
 answer (hit return to continue) > COM1: < COM1:
GOTO REMENU

:SVC2
 COPY EESHORT COM1:
 answer (hit return to continue) > COM1: < COM1:
GOTO  REMENU

:SVC3 ---------- This is for long resumes

  answer Type in the 3 digit FILE NUMBER: > COM1: < COM1:
  copy res.%answer% COM1:
  echo "     Asked for resume %answer% " >> CALLLOG

GOTO  REMENU

:SVC4 ---------- This is for quit
  COPY EEBYE COM1:
GOTO EEEND

:EEEND
ECHO Left EE/CS BBS >> CALLLOG
:  the following can be used as a flag
set ANSWER=1
MBBS

Here is what is in the file MBBS.MEN:

        Welcome to the Multi-Service BBS
      Which service do you wish to access?

    1. EE/CS Consultant's Registry
    2. MR. MOX Modem Operated Power Switch Info
    3. Example of all-batch bulletin board code
    4. PROCOMM Host mode (requires password)
    5. PC/ANYWHERE (requires password)
    9. Quit

(Suggestion: turn on your text capture/logging NOW,
 XON/XOFF and pause are not currently implemented)

Select:

Jay Bowden, EE/Consultant; see also Bowden Engineering
Currently contracted at Loral Instrumentation, San Diego
{ucbvax, ittvax!dcdwest, akgua, decvax, ihnp4}!ucsd!loral!jcb