[comp.sys.ibm.pc] RBBS-PC on DESQview

hg17+@andrew.cmu.edu (Howard Gruenspecht) (04/13/88)

I have been generally pleased with DESQview running on a 386
machine.   I have been running multiple DOS tasks, communication
tasks, and packages such as 1-2-3.

I found the application programmers interface routines that provide
a simple way to make programs DESQview aware particularly useful.

One caveat.  The documentation is sometimes skimpy, and its nearly
impossible to get through to technical support.  You'll spend more on
long distance calls than you do for DESQview.

indra@grumpy.amd.com (Indra Singhal) (04/15/88)

In article <8WMrcdy00UhBQnE08d@andrew.cmu.edu> hg17+@andrew.cmu.edu (Howard Gruenspecht) writes:

>One caveat.  The documentation is sometimes skimpy, and its nearly
>impossible to get through to technical support.  You'll spend more on
>long distance calls than you do for DESQview.

I find it cheaper to call in to their BBS and upload my problems. They
have got back to me by mail. I would hope that if the problem is urgent
they would call the customer.
	The BBS number is: 213 396-3904 (8n1 1200/2400)

Indra K. Singhal                      |Obviously, the truth is         |
{ucbvax,decwrl,allegra}!amdcad!indra  |                      what's so.|
amdcad!indra@decwrl.dec.com           |Not so obviously, it's also     |