[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DESQview - can one window open another

hg17+@andrew.cmu.edu (Howard Gruenspecht) (04/20/88)

I am a desqview user (not developer) who wonders if there is any
way to have a infintely looping batch file in one DESQview window
open another DESQview window.

Also, is there any way to open 1-2-3 in a small DESQview window other
than loading 1-2-3 with the special DESQview loader?  I need to run 1-2-3
as a part of the looping batch job

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Howard Gruenspecht@andrew.cmu.edu

or

Howard Gruenspecht
GSIA
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh PA 15213

murillo@sigi.Colorado.EDU (Rodrigo Murillo) (04/21/88)

hg@andrew.cmu.edu  (Howard Gruenspecht) writes:
>I am a desqview user (not developer) who wonders if there is any
>way to have a infintely looping batch file in one DESQview window
>open another DESQview window.

You have to use the Desqview API for this.  I have a small program that
does what you need,  I could send the .exe.  It will call any application
and start it in a window, providing it has a PIF file.

>Also, is there any way to open 1-2-3 in a small DESQview window other
>than loading 1-2-3 with the special DESQview loader?  I need to run 1-2-3
>as a part of the looping batch job

I think the reason that you need a loader is becuase 123 is not well behaved
and does screen writes that DV cannot handle.  A loader basically patches
the offending program to make it behave.

 Rodrigo Murillo, University of Colorado - Boulder  (303) 761-0410
 murillo@boulder.colorado.edu | ..{ncar|nbires}!boulder!murillo
 ( Machines have less problems.  I'd like to be a machine. -- Andy Warhol )