[comp.sys.ibm.pc] monitors?

mds@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Michael Siegel) (04/21/88)

So all these messages about buying a system must be a real bore ...
but let me hit you with one more...I am buying a 386 will do
some db work and alot of document stuff using windows386. I would
like to get a good color monitor but not spend a fortune. The
Multisinc II is a little too expensive and I found it has alot
of glare. I actually like the old Compaq EGA monitor nice color
though few adjustments. I have looked at the Samsung boy is that a
piece of... So anyway I would like as large a screen as possible
and nice deep colors with little glare...any suggestion before
I run to every computer store in town.

---Michael

glz5913@ritcv.UUCP (04/22/88)

In article <21863@bu-cs.BU.EDU> mds@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Michael Siegel) writes:
>... I would
>like to get a good color monitor but not spend a fortune. The
>Multisinc II is a little too expensive and I found it has alot
>of glare. I actually like the old Compaq EGA monitor nice color
>though few adjustments. I have looked at the Samsung boy is that a
>piece of...
>

>---Michael

DO NOT!  DO NOT!  DO NOT!  DO NOT!  DO NOT!  DO NOT!  DO NOT!
buy a Samsung.  I had nothing but headaches with their monitor and THEM!

I now have a TAXAN 650 with thier EGA Gold Card (actually made by Paradise)
and have not had any problems.  I paid $479 for the monitor AND card.  I
bought it from USA FLEX 1-800-872-3539.  They are located in Chicago,
I believe.  Haven't had any problems with it.  Roomate has a TAXAN for over
3 years now.  No problems.