[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DAK's Packard Bell AT Compatible

hartman@termnl.Cambridge.NCR.COM (Alan Hartman) (04/21/88)

In there latest catalog, DAK has an AT-clone advertised for $1999, which
includes and EGA monitor and a 40 Meg hard disk.  The brand name for the
computer is Packard Bell 10Mhz AT.  Does anyone have any first hand
knowledge as to how well this machine performs?

How compatible is it (Phoenix BIOS, Award BIOS ??)?

Any noticeable problems with regard to operation, setup, part failure, etc.?

Any and all information would be appreciated?

Thanks,

- Alan -

pre1@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Grant Prellwitz) (04/23/88)

In article <414@termnl.Cambridge.NCR.COM> hartman@termnl.Cambridge.NCR.COM (Alan Hartman) writes:
>In there latest catalog, DAK has an AT-clone advertised for $1999, which
>includes and EGA monitor and a 40 Meg hard disk.  The brand name for the
>computer is Packard Bell 10Mhz AT.  Does anyone have any first hand
>knowledge as to how well this machine performs?
>Any and all information would be appreciated?
>Thanks,
>- Alan -

I once had a representative try to have me carry the Packard Bell line of
computers and monitors.  At that time (about 7 mos. ago), Packard Bell
computers and monitors were made by Samsung.  I wasn't too interested in
carrying a new line at the time so I didn't persue it past that.  This means
that I can't tell you any more about it, but the question is now more general:
What can anyone say about either Packard Bell OR Samsung computers.

Hope this helps,
Grant Prellwitz
Prellwitz Computing Services

--