[comp.sys.ibm.pc] pd vi

david@squid.UUCP (04/14/88)

From squid!david Wed Apr 13 14:22 CST 1988 remote from occrsh
From: ihnp4!occrsh!squid!david (David M Drexler)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 88 14:22:38 CST
Subject: re: pd vi

/**
 **  Address in header may be incorrect. Please reply to:
 **  { ihnp4 | moss | cbosgd | uokmax }!occrsh!squid!david
 **
 **/

from <1356@lznv.ATT.COM> psc@lznv.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm):
>I have no reason to believe that *any* public domain version of vi exists.
>I have reason to believe that no such animal is available.

You are incorrect. I have two pd implementations of vi, both of which are
very obviously not commercial (by their limitations and bugs).

The net is so lucky to have a pd software expert who knows about everything
that exists in the world. Please, sir, may I have a catalog?

David Drexler

  uucp: ihnp4!occrsh!squid!david   FidoNet: 1:19/1
  data: +1 405 728-2463 (2400bps)  voice:   +1 405 848-8868
  .

larry@sgistl.SGI.COM (Larry Autry) (04/17/88)

In article <141900026@occrsh.ATT.COM>, david@squid.UUCP writes:
<
< (stuff deleted)    I have two pd implementations of vi, both of which are
< very obviously not commercial (by their limitations and bugs).
< (more deleted).
< David Drexler
<
<   uucp: ihnp4!occrsh!squid!david   FidoNet: 1:19/1
<   data: +1 405 728-2463 (2400bps)  voice:   +1 405 848-8868
<   .

I would much rather get free pd bugs than have to pay for them.  Such as those
that exist in my non-pd version of a vi editor.
--
					Larry Autry
larry@sgistl.sgi.com

mdharding@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Matt Harding) (04/19/88)

In article <141900026@occrsh.ATT.COM> david@squid.UUCP writes:
>You are incorrect. I have two pd implementations of vi, both of which are
>very obviously not commercial (by their limitations and bugs).
>
>The net is so lucky to have a pd software expert who knows about everything
>that exists in the world. Please, sir, may I have a catalog?

Alright! Now that's an authentic flame if I've ever seen one!

Well done!!!

  -  Flamers of North America

david@squid.UUCP (04/24/88)

From squid!david Fri Apr 22 20:57 CST 1983 remote from occrsh
From: ihnp4!occrsh!squid!david (Safe from sanity)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 83 20:57:08 CST

/**
 **  Address in header may be incorrect. Please reply to:
 **  { ihnp4 | moss | cbosgd | uokmax }!occrsh!squid!david
 **
 **/

>>The net is so lucky to have a pd software expert who knows about everything
>>that exists in the world. Please, sir, may I have a catalog?
>>

>Alright! Now that's an authentic flame if I've ever seen one!

Ah, but the yolk's on me. Wolf Paul managed to convince me that one of the
hotly defended versions is very probably Manx 'Z' with hacked copyright.

Speaking in absolutes will get you in trouble every time :-)

David Drexler    {at&t sites}!occrsh!squid!david