[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Program Loaded Where? from inside a

david@squid.UUCP (04/24/88)

From squid!david Fri Apr 22 22:18 CST 1983 remote from occrsh
From: ihnp4!occrsh!squid!david (Safe from sanity)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 83 22:18:22 CST
Subject: Re: Program Loaded Where? from inside another

/**
 **  Address in header may be incorrect. Please reply to:
 **  { ihnp4 | moss | cbosgd | uokmax }!occrsh!squid!david
 **
 **/

>>goes away until the new program has done its stuff.  My calling program
>>needs to know where the called program got loaded in memory.  Does
>>anyone have any hints on how to do this?
>
>Try using the psp_parent segment at 0x2C into the called programs PSP.
>                                    ++++
>Richard Marks

The correct offset is 0x16 (one of those undocumented things).

So, we know the code or fixup begins at offset 0x100 from the psp, but how
do you find the length of the fixup? How do you find where the data begins
without being given the data seg?

David Drexler    {at&t sites}!occrsh!squid!david