[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ZCOMM Problems

bwm@pbhyf.PacBell.COM (Bruce Mohler) (04/21/88)

I'm having some problems with the most recent copy of ZCOMM distributed
thru the binary news group associated with this one (notice that I'm
*not* putting my questions about ZCOMM there :-)

I've tried leaving messages on Telegodzilla, but have gotten no response
yet...

First - I work in a large building where we must use a leading '9' to
dial out of the building (for all local and long distance numbers).
I'm having trouble finding out how to encode the 9 since it must be
followed by a short pause (its a stupid Dimension machine that is
*very* slow)).  For Crosstalk and Procomm, it is encoded '9,'...

Second - when I dial an internal number (4 digits) it dials the number
correctly, but does not setup the data bits and parity correctly.  This
is what I'm typing in:

	speed 1200,7e 7999
	t -h

The second line is there because the lines are half duplex (I haven't
found out yet whether I'll need 'h' or 'H'...).  It dials the number,
but according to the status line on the bottom of the screen, data bits
and parity are still '8n'.

Any suggestions you netlanders can provide are appreciated *in advance*.

----
Bruce W. Mohler             voice:      619/586-2902
Staff Analyst               unix:       bwm@pbhyf.pacbell.com
                            profs:      unix(bwm)
                            compuserve: 71121,3471
--
Bruce W. Mohler             voice:      619/586-2902
Staff Analyst               unix:       bwm@pbhyf.pacbell.com
                            profs:      unix(bwm)
                            compuserve: 71121,3471

akk2@ur-tut (Atul Kacker) (04/26/88)

The documentation that was posted along with the ZCOMM package
seems to be incomplete.  The ARC'ed doc file gives five parts and
the fifth part ends on page 150 in mid sentence.  Is there a sixth
part that was omitted from the version posted to the net ?
If so could someone mail me that part ?

Thanks

Atul Kacker  |     Internet: akk2@tut.cc.rochester.edu
             |     UUCP: {ames,cmcl2,decvax,rutgers}!rochester!ur-tut!akk2

caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) (04/26/88)

In article <3209@pbhyf.PacBell.COM> bwm@pbhyf.PacBell.COM (Bruce Mohler) writes:
:is what I'm typing in:
:
:	speed 1200,7e 7999
:	t -h
:

That should be
	speed 1200 7999
	t -h7e

Speed and parity are separate settings.

pre1@sphinx.uchicago.edu (Grant Prellwitz) (04/26/88)

In article <1876@ur-tut.UUCP> akk2@tut.cc.rochester.edu.UUCP (Atul Kacker) writes:
>The documentation that was posted along with the ZCOMM package
>seems to be incomplete.  The ARC'ed doc file gives five parts and
>the fifth part ends on page 150 in mid sentence.  Is there a sixth
>part that was omitted from the version posted to the net ?
>If so could someone mail me that part ?
>Thanks

Despite the alleged incomprehensibility (my 98 cent word for the day) of the
Zcomm manual, it would probably be warranted for the remaining parts of the
manual to be posted so everyone could get them.  The parts that apparently
were sent out were AA through AE, comprising the first 20 chapters or so.
Since reference is made to at least a chapter 24, there is at least an AF out
there.
BTW, the PRINTDOC program that was recently posted is a great way to print
the manual on both sides of the page.  (I used a similar program the day before
PRINTDOC was posted :^)

--
!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!pre1          pre1@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP