[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Everex 2400 Baud

sj1f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Steven Kent Jensen) (04/23/88)

        I have an Everex 1200 baud modem and I have had no problems at all.  I
use Procomm for my telecommunications needs and I found that I needed no
special settings because of the modem type.

                                Steven Jensen

mdf@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Mark D. Freeman) (04/27/88)

>In article <3221@pbhyf.PacBell.COM> jdp@pbhyf.PacBell.COM (J. D. Pierce) writes:
>  I am in the market for a good solid 2400 Baud Internal modem
>  for my IBM XT.  Has anyone used the Everex 2400 Baud modem?

The people at ATI, who make all those nifty graphics boards, have just
introduced their first MODEM product.  It is a half-card internal 2400
BAUD MODEM with MNP Level 5 (this theoretically doubles throughput and
eliminates errors when communicating with another MNP 5 MODEM, and
works like a normal MODEM when communicating with non-MNP units) and
full AT command set.  It has a speaker on board with software volume
control.  It comes with a copy of MIRROR II (a Crosstalk-clone with
many extensions).  It deals with being set for COM1-4 and has a 2 year
limited warranty.

It has a retail list price of $239 or $249.  Remember, you are getting
good commercial software and MNP 5 for that price!

I just saw a presentation on this and was astounded.  ATI is a serious
engineering company and their graphics boards are the best out there.

They will have an external version (which will be stackable and come
with a telephone) RSN.

Disclaimer:  I have not used this product yet.  I have not bought or
sold ATI products so far.  I realize this sounds like a commercial, but
it really looks like a helluva product to me.

--
Mark D. Freeman						  (614) 262-1418
					      mdf@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu