[comp.sys.ibm.pc] RE^3: Posting to comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d

RWMIRA01@ULKYVX.BITNET (Rob Miracle) (05/02/88)

CC: comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d

I apologize for my hasty message.  Here are the facts that I was basing it on:

On 20-Apr-1988 Brian O'Neill (boneill@hawk.ulowell.edu) writes:
>Voting is now closed for the creation of the discussion group
>comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d, and the final counts are:
[Text Deleted]
>So, the group will be created. A list of votes received will be posted to
>news.groups.

Shortly thereafter the news group comp.binaries.ibm.pc showed up at our sight
with the following message:

 >From: dick@slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan)
 >Newsgroups: comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d,comp.sys.ibm.pc
 >Date: 18 Apr 88 00:57:02 GMT
 [Text Deleted]

Now if you saw that come thru your site would you not expect that the group
be created by May 1st?  As far as my name calling, I stand behind that even
if the new group had not been created yet?  When you get 30 messages that are
non-binary posted to the binaries group you tend to get upset.

My apologies for not understanding the net admin, policies, or procedures.
I was lead to beleive that the group had been created at the time of my
posting.

Again, I am sorry for being a boze.

Rob