[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Gif pictures

vg55611@ihuxy.ATT.COM (Gopal) (03/07/88)

In article <6870001@hpcvca.HP.COM>, scott@hpcvca.HP.COM (Scott Linn) writes:
> Regarding the GIF picture file...
>
> Has anyone tried reading this picture with the GIF programs supplied?
> Both of the GIF readers that I unarced fail to read the picture; I would
> suspect that the picture got corrupted, or else the GIF read algorithm in
> the two programs is hosed.  If the basic algorithm is correct, I can't see
> that both programs fail in the same way due to download/transfer problems...

I had the same problem with NICE.GIF.  A few lines at the top were displayed
on my EGA screen and then GIFEGA10 went into netherworld.  GIFSLOW
did not even get that far.

NICE.GIF unarc'd without any problems - I suspect either the original file
is corrupt or the GIF reader programs have a bug.  Don't have Turbo-Pascal
or I would have tried to find out what's wrong...

Does anyone else have any other GIF pictures we could try ?

Venu P. Gopal
ihnp4!ihuxy!vg55611

swh@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (Steve Harrold) (03/08/88)

Re: NICE.GIF

This picture is flawed, as two other GIF readers that I have also balked
with it.  We need another sample.

---------------------
Steve Harrold			...hplabs!hpsmtc1!swh
				HPG200/13
				(408) 447-5580

polder@cs.vu.nl (Polderman Paul) (05/03/88)

Hi,

I wonder if there are some people out there who could explain to
me what the format is for gif-pictures.
I would be grateful if some examples could be included!

Thanx,

Rob.  (polder@cs.vu.nl)