[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need comport.s from PCMAIL posting

paul@devon.UUCP (Paul Sutcliffe Jr.) (04/30/88)

While unpacking the PCMAIL distribution, I got the following error:

    shar: Extracting "comport.s" (20454 characters)
    shar: "comport.s" unpacked with wrong size!

The comport.s that I got is:

    -rw-r-----   1 paul     sysadm     20452 Apr 30 12:21 comport.s

which is apparantly two bytes too small.  Can someone who got this
file intact please e-mail YOUR INTENTION to send me the correct file.
Don't send the file; I don't need my mailbox flooded with copies.  I'll
pick the person closest (read: least number of hops) to me to actually
send the file.

Thanks in advance.

- paul

--
Paul Sutcliffe, Jr.				       +----------------------+
						       |  THINK ...           |

dick@slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) (05/04/88)

In article <762@devon.UUCP> paul@devon.UUCP (Paul Sutcliffe Jr.) writes:
> While unpacking the PCMAIL distribution, I got the following error:
>
>     shar: Extracting "comport.s" (20454 characters)
>     shar: "comport.s" unpacked with wrong size!

I received "wrong size" indications for both comport.s and gtrans.c.
                                             ^^^^^^^^^     ^^^^^^^^
I would REALLY like to get a clean set of files for PCMAIL, so if anyone
could email these two files to me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks. . . .

Dick

--
Dick Flanagan, W6OLD                         GEnie: FLANAGAN
UUCP: ...!ucbvax!ucscc!slvblc!dick           Voice: +1 408 336 3481

wswietse@eutrc3.UUCP (Wietse Venema) (05/06/88)

In article <762@devon.UUCP> paul@devon.UUCP (Paul Sutcliffe Jr.) writes:

>While unpacking the PCMAIL distribution, I got the following error:
>
>    shar: Extracting "comport.s" (20454 characters)
>    shar: "comport.s" unpacked with wrong size!
>
>The comport.s that I got is:
>
>    -rw-r-----   1 paul     sysadm     20452 Apr 30 12:21 comport.s
>
>which is apparantly two bytes too small.  Can someone who got this
>file intact please e-mail YOUR INTENTION to send me the correct file.
>Don't send the file; I don't need my mailbox flooded with copies.  I'll
>pick the person closest (read: least number of hops) to me to actually
>send the file.

There is nothing wrong with the comport.s you have received. The two
missing characters are just extraneous carriage-returns at the end of the file.
I came to this comclusion by comparing the news articles with the originals
submitted for posting in comp.sources.misc. I also found a change in the
second shar file; this also is not fatal. The diffs are listed below.
For those not familiar with context diffs, the original text is listed
first, followed by the changed version. Lines with ! indicate the differences.

*** Part01	Wed Apr 20 17:21:59 1988
--- /usr/spool/news/comp/sources/misc/96	Tue Apr 26 11:18:07 1988
***************
*** 684,691
  X_TEXT   ENDS
  Xend
! X^M
! X^M
  END_OF_comport.s
  if test 20454 -ne `wc -c <comport.s`; then
      echo shar: \"comport.s\" unpacked with wrong size!

--- 704,711 -----
  X_TEXT   ENDS
  Xend
! X
! X
  END_OF_comport.s
  if test 20454 -ne `wc -c <comport.s`; then
      echo shar: \"comport.s\" unpacked with wrong size!

*** Part02	Wed Apr 20 17:22:03 1988
--- /usr/spool/news/comp/sources/misc/99	Tue Apr 26 11:21:33 1988
***************
*** 720,726
  X    * stuck in one state.
  X    */
! X    while (state != INITC) {
  X	/* select action to be done in this state */

--- 736,743 -----
  X    * stuck in one state.
  X    */
! X    while (state
!  != INITC) {
  X	/* select action to be done in this state */
uucp:	mcvax!eutrc3!wswietse	| Eindhoven University of Technology
bitnet:	wswietse@heithe5	| Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science
surf:	tuerc5::wswietse	| Eindhoven, The Netherlands.

snafu@ihlpm.ATT.COM (00704a-Wallis) (05/09/88)

Part 3 of the recent PCMAIL posting aparently lost
a large chunk of data on its way to my system.
Could somebody please e-mail this section to me?

Thanks in advance!

                              Dave Wallis
                           ihnp4!ihlpm!snafu
                       AT&T Network Systems, Inc.