[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 386 CoProcessor Question

bose@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (05/07/88)

I have a program that is compiled for a floating point co-processor.  I don't
have a co-processor on my 386, and was wondering is there any way to fake
out the program into thinking there is one, and perform the calculations in
software?

Speed is not critical, I just want to see this program run.

jtara@m2-net.UUCP (Jon Tara) (05/12/88)

In article <36300021@iuvax>, bose@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu writes:

> I have a program that is compiled for a floating point co-processor.  I don't
> have a co-processor on my 386, and was wondering is there any way to fake
> out the program into thinking there is one, and perform the calculations in
> software?
>
> Speed is not critical, I just want to see this program run.

The AMI 386 BIOS has an option to fake a coprocessor.  I haven't tried
it, so I don't know how fast or accurate it is.
--
  jtara%m-net@umix.cc.umich.edu          ihnp4!dwon!m-net!jtara

 "You don't have to take this crap.  You don't have to sit back
  and relax." _Walls Come Tumbling Down_, The Style Council