[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Thanks, and a new question ...

ljz@fxgrp.UUCP (Lloyd Zusman) (05/15/88)

In article <10833@steinmetz.ge.com> davidsen@kbsvax.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
>In article <287@fxgrp.UUCP> ljz@fx.com (Lloyd Zusman) writes:
>>Does anyone out there have the patch for COMMAND.COM that makes "echo
>>off" the default in .BAT files?  ... or is the code in IBMDOS.COM or
>
>No patch needed.  Just put the character @ in column one and the command
>(any command) won't echo.  You can start the .bat file with:
>	@echo off

Thanks to you and the others who have posted or mailed me this solution.
I guess I would have been able to figure this out if I had the PCDOS
3.3 manual ("now why would he have PCDOS 3.3 without the manual? ...").

Anyway, is there any mention in the DOS3.3 documentation of a new command
named CALL?  I did a 'strings' on COMMAND.COM and saw it.  It seems to
simply invoke its arguments as a DOS command, with the added benefit of
permitting nested .BAT files to return to the statement following the
CALL.

--
    Lloyd Zusman
    Master Byte Software

dick@slvblc.UUCP (Dick Flanagan) (05/16/88)

In article <297@fxgrp.UUCP> ljz@fxgrp.UUCP (Lloyd Zusman) writes:
> I guess I would have been able to figure this out if I had the PCDOS
> 3.3 manual ("now why would he have PCDOS 3.3 without the manual? ...").
>
> Anyway, is there any mention in the DOS3.3 documentation [...]

Step 1:  Pay for the software you're using.

Step 2:  RTFM that comes with it.

Dick

--
Dick Flanagan, W6OLD                         GEnie: FLANAGAN
UUCP: ...!ucbvax!ucscc!slvblc!dick           Voice: +1 408 336 3481