[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Joyfile.joy ????

davis@mcnc.org (Mark C. Davis) (05/03/88)

Over the last 2 months I have tried several programs posted to
comp.binaries.ibm.pc and some from simtel.  Last week, I noticed a
short file (about 12 bytes) "joyfile.joy" in my root directory.  Does
anybody know where this file came from?  I am sure I did not create
it.  Should I be worried?

Thanks - Mark (davis@cs.unc.edu or decvax!mcnc!davis)

bill@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bill Frolik) (05/17/88)

Sounds like it might be some application's way of remembering the
calibration of a joystick...

Bill Frolik / hplabs!hp-pcd!bill
Hewlett-Packard / Corvallis, Oregon

davis@clocs.cs.unc.edu (Mark Davis) (05/19/88)

I noticed a file "JOYFILE.JOY" in my home directory.  I was worried
about the source.

In article <1180021@hpcvlx.HP.COM> bill@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bill Frolik) writes:

>Sounds like it might be some application's way of remembering the
>calibration of a joystick...

He was right.  The program "Think Quick" from The Learning Company
writes joystick zeroing information there.

Thanks for the help - Mark (davis@cs.unc.edu or decvax!mcnc!davis)