[comp.sys.ibm.pc] How do you connect a standard RGB monitor to a PS/2

GTI@PSUVM.BITNET (Leon Geesey Jr) (05/16/88)

Hi all,
   I was wondering how i could connect a Standard RGB monitor
to a PS/2? I need not as a perminent thing, but for demonstration
purposes. I need to be able to connect a PS/2 model 30 to a device
that has standard RGB input, thaty then shows the image on the screen.

                                            Leon

bradd@gssc.UUCP (Brad Davis) (05/23/88)

In article <42555GTI@PSUVM> GTI@PSUVM.BITNET (Leon Geesey Jr) writes:
>Hi all,
>   I was wondering how i could connect a Standard RGB monitor
>to a PS/2? I need not as a perminent thing, but for demonstration
>purposes. I need to be able to connect a PS/2 model 30 to a device
>that has standard RGB input, thaty then shows the image on the screen.
>

>                                            Leon

   Can't you just mount an EGA card in one of the slots and set the EGA's
switches for the appropriate monitor (Mono, Color, Enhanced) ?

   IBM offers a VGA card for the model 30, so it doesn't seem likely the
30 has an allergy to EGA-flavored cards.

   Brad Davis

====== ====== ======     US MAIL: 9590 SW Gemini Dr.
==     ==     ==                  Beaverton, OR  97005
==  == ==  == ==  ==     PHONE:   (503) 641-2200
==  ==     ==     ==     UUCP:    uunet!tektronix!sequent!gssc!bradd
====== ====== ======     Disclaimer: I'm a mushroom.
The Graphics Experts     "Practice safe computing. Wear a write-protect tab."