[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 3.2 format

ncperson@ndsuvax.UUCP (Brett Person) (05/21/88)

 Just tried formatting some disks. Guess what. Some of them came
out single-sided. I was using format from dos 3.2.
format b:
yeilded disks with only one side formatted.
It looked like format didn't even bother with head 1.

--
Brett G. Person
North Dakota State University

viggo@diku.dk (Allan Kim Schougaard) (05/24/88)

In article <906@ndsuvax.UUCP> ncperson@ndsuvax.UUCP (Brett Person) writes:

> Just tried formatting some disks. Guess what. Some of them came
>out single-sided. I was using format from dos 3.2.
>format b:
>yeilded disks with only one side formatted.
>It looked like format didn't even bother with head 1.

>--
>Brett G. Person
>North Dakota State University
>uunet!ndsuvax!ncperson | ncperson@ndsuvax.bitnet

Try getting an update from IBM or MicroSoft. The first release
from both parties had bugs in both systemfiles, Basica and
Format.

VIGGO at DIKU

emp@ut-emx.UUCP (emp) (05/27/88)

In article <3840@diku.dk>, viggo@diku.dk (Allan Kim Schougaard) writes:
> In article <906@ndsuvax.UUCP> ncperson@ndsuvax.UUCP (Brett Person) writes:
>
> > [question about 3.2 format errors deleted]
>
> Try getting an update from IBM or MicroSoft. The first release
> from both parties had bugs in both systemfiles, Basica and
> Format.

...this brings up an interesting question: What was the FINAL upgraded
release of 3.2? I currently own 3.21, and have not seen any others between
this and 3.3.

							OM