[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Known bugs in Turbo C 1.5

richardh@killer.UUCP (Richard Hargrove) (05/27/88)

-----
In article <167@rna.UUCP>, kc@rna.UUCP (Kaare Christian) writes:
> software. I don't know if he was authorized to give away 1.5, or if he
> did it illegally.  None of the important bugs was fixed.
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hmm. All of the known bugs in 1.0 of which I was aware were fixed in 1.5.
I have heard of only one bug in version 1.5. If you know of others, I'd be
very interested in hearing about them.

Note that my interest is strictly as a Turbo C user. I'm not associated with
Borland, except as a user (and occasionally, tester) of their products.

Please mail info to me; the net is cluttered enough as it is.

richard hargrove
...!{ihnp4 | codas | cbosgd}!killer!richardh

prplworm@cup.portal.com (05/28/88)

In article <unknown>, richardh@killer.UUCP (Richard Hargrove) writes:
>In article <167@rna.UUCP>, kc@rna.UUCP (Kaare Christian) writes:
>> software. I don't know if he was authorized to give away 1.5, or if he
>> did it illegally.  None of the important bugs was fixed.
>                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  [remarks about no known bugs known removed]
>Please mail info to me; the net is cluttered enough as it is.
Actually, posting of possible bugs in a product would be far from "cluttering"
the net. I, for one, would be very interested in hearing of any known bugs
in Turbo C 1.5 (it seems that bug reports is one of the primary uses of the
net.

Sorry about the "article <unknown>", but the Portal mailer doesn't seem to tell
you the article numbers.

Chris L. Hatch
Usenet: prplworm@cup.portal.com
Portal: prplworm