[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Turn off keyboard

desmond@cod.NOSC.MIL (J. Desmond) (05/31/88)

I would like to be able to run my autoexec.bat file without the user
(typical office curiosity seeker) being able to stop it with a ctrl-C.
I have a password front end in my config.sys file that works very well
but it turns the keyboard back on after it stops and the batch file
starts.  Does anybody have any answers?
-J M Desmond
-desmond@nosc.mil

feg@clyde.ATT.COM (Forrest Gehrke) (06/01/88)

In article <1101@cod.NOSC.MIL>, desmond@cod.NOSC.MIL (J. Desmond) writes:
> I would like to be able to run my autoexec.bat file without the user
> (typical office curiosity seeker) being able to stop it with a ctrl-C.
> I have a password front end in my config.sys file that works very well
> but it turns the keyboard back on after it stops and the batch file
> starts.  Does anybody have any answers?
> -J M Desmond
> -desmond@nosc.mil

I have never tried this with a .bat file but since the CTTY command
works with msdos, presumably it should work here.  Try setting it to
ctty aux at the beginning of the .bat file and as the last command
in your .bat file turn the keyboard back on with   ctty con

Forrest Gehrke