[comp.sys.ibm.pc] SCSI Controllers

chan@encore.UUCP (Jerry Chan) (06/02/88)

Sincerest Apologies if this subject has already been beaten to death....

Can anyone provide info regarding the way to hook up a SCSI device to an
IBM-compatible computer (XT, AT, whatever...)?  In particular:

	* Controllers (crittter which sit inside the PC) / modem numbers?
	* Software required?
	* Vendors who sell these critters
	* Can you boot the device?

Please E-mail, and I will summarize...

   +----------------+  Jerry H. Chan                linus--+
+--+-------------+  |  Encore Computer Corp.       necntc--|
|  +-------------+--+  Marlborough, MA 01752       decvax--|
+----------------+     (617) 460-0500             talcott--+

In article <3156@encore.UUCP> chan@encore.UUCP (Jerry Chan) writes:
>Sincerest Apologies if this subject has already been beaten to death....
>
>Can anyone provide info regarding the way to hook up a SCSI device to an
>IBM-compatible computer (XT, AT, whatever...)?  In particular:
>
>	* Controllers (crittter which sit inside the PC) / modem numbers?
                                                           ^^^^^
                                                    I meant "model"...

Sorry for the confusion.... =-)