[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Responses to questions

vlcek@mit-caf.UUCP (Jim Vlcek) (06/10/88)

In article <3293@whutt.UUCP> mls@whutt.UUCP (SIEMON) writes:

( on the subject of whether to post answers to posted questions, or to
  email answers to the person inquiring )

>. . . when somebody asks
>a moderately hard question (that LOOKS easy) we get 20 wrong responses
>posted to the net, sowing great confusion.  Summaries are the way to go!
>(Admittedly, the phrasing "email me, BECAUSE I don't have time to read
>this group" is rather stupid.)
>--
>Michael L. Siemon
>ihnp4!mhuxu!mls

I've found that I've learned quite a bit from reading the criticisms
of incorrect answers, as well as from reading correct answers.

I think it's much too likely that, after they have had their needs
satisfied (by receiving desired answers to questions), will forget or
be unable to find time to summarize to the net.  Please keep on
posting answers to questions.
--
Jim Vlcek
vlcek@caf.mit.edu