[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Microsoft Word sick?

cga66@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Kauffold) (06/11/88)

In article <46@radix>, merat@radix (Merat Bagha) writes:
> My Problem:
>
> Once in a while when in the middle of using Microsoft Word the program goes
> bezerk!
>
> etc.

I have had a similar problem with Word 4.0 on AT&T 6300, running the
AT&T mouse (Logitech).  Moving the mouse will result in having the
LAST key pressed being sent, repeatedly.  Thus, if the last key
pressed was 'a', moving the mouse in any direction results in
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa until I hit ESC.  This is a really bad effect
if the last key pressed was BS or DEL. Bummer.

The Logitech mouse worked fine with the earlier Word version (3.2?).
I have the current release of 6300 mouse, and MS/DOS; rom is 1.43.

I wrote to Microsoft on their trouble form, and they replied that it
was a problem with the Logitech mouse.  I have not had time to delve
further, but your article suggests that Microsoft better have another
look at it ....

If anyone knows how to fix it (Microsoft included), I would like to
know.  Thanks in advance.

Pat Kauffold
AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, IL.
attrd!ihlpa!cga66

johnl@ima.ISC.COM (John R. Levine) (06/13/88)

In article <8171@ihlpa.ATT.COM> cga66@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Kauffold) writes:
>In article <46@radix>, merat@radix (Merat Bagha) writes:
>> Once in a while when in the middle of using Microsoft Word the program goes
>> bezerk!
>I wrote to Microsoft on their trouble form, and they replied that it
>was a problem with the Logitech mouse.  ...

I have a PS/2-50 with a Genuine MS Mouse and have the same problem, every
once in a long while.  The Logimouse has nothing to do with it.  But what
would you expect them to say?
--
John R. Levine, IECC, PO Box 349, Cambridge MA 02238-0349, +1 617 492 3869
{ ihnp4 | decvax | cbosgd | harvard | yale }!ima!johnl, Levine@YALE.something