[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Trouble with PAINTBRUSH/FRIEZE

sprache@ztivax (06/10/88)

Subject : Trouble with PAINTBRUSH/FRIEZE in connection with P6

Hi !

Two weeks ago I bought a well-known(?) paint program to run it on
my IBM-AT-compatible. The program is delivered with a NCE-Mouse
(Nordphon Computer Electronic, Inc.). My system has a Hercules compatible
monochrom graphik card.
After mouse installation on the serial port COM1: and starting
PCINSTAL (Version 2.21 of ZSoft Corporation) some unexpected problems occur:

- After starting PBrush (Version 3.11) I can't invoke the FRIEZE-Menue
  by pressing <Shift + PrtSc> or even <Shift + PrtSc + Return>. Two dotted
  lines on the top of the image occur only. They are removed after pressing
  ESC.
- The first pull-up menue includes a Print option. But printing stops
  after few lines. I have to switch off the printer (NEC P6) for a new start. The driver loaded is a Epson-LQ 1500 series driver.

What is wrong? Can anybody tell me more about the syntax of both, the
FRIEZE (is FRIEZE P1 correct?) and PBrush (my BAT-File includes
PBrush M 1HER 720 348 0)?.
Thanks in advance.
Chris.
Email: ...!unido!ztivax!sprache
	   or
	  sprache@ztivax.siemens.com

steve@acich.UUCP (Steve Westfall) (06/14/88)

In article <41200003@ztivax.UUCP>, sprache@ztivax writes:
> Subject : Trouble with PAINTBRUSH/FRIEZE in connection with P6
> My system has a Hercules compatible monochrom graphik card.
> After mouse installation on the serial port COM1: and starting
> PCINSTAL (Version 2.21 of ZSoft Corporation) some unexpected problems occur:
> - After starting PBrush (Version 3.11) I can't invoke the FRIEZE-Menue
>   by pressing <Shift + PrtSc> or even <Shift + PrtSc + Return>. Two dotted
>   lines on the top of the image occur only. They are removed after pressing
>   ESC.
> What is wrong? Can anybody tell me more about the syntax of both, the
> FRIEZE (is FRIEZE P1 correct?) and PBrush (my BAT-File includes
> PBrush M 1HER 720 348 0)?.
> Chris.

Page 89 of Microsoft Paintbrush's current User Guide indicates
that users who have a Hercules Graphics Card may have to use
the "pbsetup" program to change the adapter setting.  The Hercules
card has two pages of memory, 0 and 1.  They say that with most
applications programs Frieze can capture the screen if you configure
it using page 0.  But some programs require that you use page 1.
I found out that Lotus 1-2-3 requires page 1.  So you might
give that a try.

(IAEFRTM:  If all else fails, read the manual!)   :-)

--
Steve Westfall       Automated Concepts, Inc. - Chicago
Phone:      (312) 346-8640