[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MKS yacc manual

wheels@mks.UUCP (Gerry Wheeler) (06/16/88)

In article <5248@ihlpl.ATT.COM>, rcr@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Reitz) writes:
> I would like to have the new yacc document referred to in the new
> man pages.  Maybe Mr. Wheeler will read these items and respond.

OK, I will. :-)

When we included yacc in the Toolkit, we felt that about 1% of our
customers would be using it.  Everyone asks if it's included, but how
many people really use it? (Hmm, the results of that question might be
skewed by the technical abilities of the readership of netland.)

So, rather than have the whole reference manual in everybody's binder,
and increase printing and mailing costs, we decided to have a minimal
man page and offer a separate 70-page reference.

If you have access to a Unix manual on yacc, you may already have
everything you need.  If you really want our manual, give us a call.
--
     Gerry Wheeler                           Phone: (519)884-2251
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.               UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!wheels