[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VGA from C

craig@cooper.cooper.EDU (Craig Steinberger) (06/15/88)

Does anyone know how to access the VGA board on a IBM Model 80 from C?

--
         Craig Steinberger at the Cooper Union, NY, NY.
           INTERNET: craig%cooper.cooper.edu@NYU.EDU

wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) (06/15/88)

From article <1332@cooper.cooper.EDU>, by craig@cooper.cooper.EDU (Craig Steinberger):
> Does anyone know how to access the VGA board on a IBM Model 80 from C?

Buy Turbo C from Borland, their new graphics routines are great!

--
Bill Wilson                          (Bitnet: ucc2wew@nauvm)
Northern AZ Univ

leo@thoth22.berkeley.edu (Leo Pereira) (06/16/88)

In article <732@naucse.UUCP} wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) writes:
}From article <1332@cooper.cooper.EDU}, by craig@cooper.cooper.EDU (Craig Steinberger):
}} Does anyone know how to access the VGA board on a IBM Model 80 from C?
}
}Buy Turbo C from Borland, their new graphics routines are great!
}
}--
}Bill Wilson                          (Bitnet: ucc2wew@nauvm)

Is this at all possible from Microsoft C?  Does MSC have any
graphic routines?

L Pereira

dleigh@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM (Darren Leigh) (06/16/88)

In article <10978@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> leo@thoth22.berkeley.edu
(Leo Pereira) writes:
[VGA graphics from C]
>Is this at all possible from Microsoft C?  Does MSC have any
>graphic routines?

I have MSC 5.1 which includes a graphics library that does handle
VGA (as well as EGA, CGA, etc.).  I don't know if any earlier versions
of MSC had this capability.

johnl@ima.ISC.COM (John R. Levine) (06/16/88)

In article <10978@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> leo@thoth22.berkeley.edu (Leo Pereira) writes:
>}From article <1332@cooper.cooper.EDU}, by craig@cooper.cooper.EDU (Craig Steinberger):
>}} Does anyone know how to access the VGA board on a IBM Model 80 from C?
>Is this at all possible from Microsoft C?  Does MSC have any
>graphic routines?

Yes, it has a fairly complete set of graphics routines, with scaling, lines,
arcs, and the usual stuff.  Consult the manual for details.
--
John R. Levine, IECC, PO Box 349, Cambridge MA 02238-0349, +1 617 492 3869
{ ihnp4 | decvax | cbosgd | harvard | yale }!ima!johnl, Levine@YALE.something