[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for RCS for DOS

hmiller@eddie.mit.edu (Herb Miller) (06/15/88)

I've heard that a version of RCS (Revision Control System - similar to
SCCS) exists for DOS and wondered if anyone knew if this was true, and if
so, where it could be obtained.

Thanks in advance,
--

--Herb Miller
Student Staff Software Engineer

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (06/15/88)

In article <9474@eddie.MIT.EDU> hmiller@eddie.mit.edu (Herb Miller) writes:
>I've heard that a version of RCS (Revision Control System - similar to
>SCCS) exists for DOS and wondered if anyone knew if this was true, and if
>so, where it could be obtained.

RCS for DOS (the only version licensed by Walter Tichy) is published
and distributed by Mortice Kern Systems, makers of the MKS Toolkit.

I am not sure what the price is, but most of their stuff is very reasonably
priced.

Reach them at:

	35 King Street North
	Waterloo, ONT N2J 2W9
	Canada

	(519) 884-2251

	UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!inquiry
	BIX:  mks
	CIS:  73260,1043

Disclaimer: I'm just a satisfied Toolkit user.
UUCP:     ihnp4!killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   wnp@dcs.UUCP                         TLX: 910-280-0585 EES PLANO UD

bturner@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bill Turner) (06/16/88)

There's an RCS-like tool called PVCS (from Polytron) which is pretty good.
Check in the back of Dr. Dobb's for their address (they also have a make
utility).

--Bill Turner

wheels@mks.UUCP (Gerry Wheeler) (06/18/88)

In article <9474@eddie.MIT.EDU>, hmiller@eddie.mit.edu (Herb Miller) writes:
> I've heard that a version of RCS (Revision Control System - similar to
> SCCS) exists for DOS and wondered if anyone knew if this was true, and if
> so, where it could be obtained.

Yes, it's true. It is available from MKS. If you receive the newsgroup
comp.newprod, have a look there for our recent posting. Otherwise, give
us a call.
--
     Gerry Wheeler                           Phone: (519)884-2251
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.               UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!wheels