[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Sidekick help files

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (06/19/88)

mrk@gvgspd.GVG.TEK.COM (Michael R. Kesti) writes:
	[...]
>Here's another example.  I found that Sidekick couldn't find its help file
>unless it was in the current directory.  I changed all occurances of SK.HLP
>in SK.COM (I found three) to \SYS\S and renamed \SYS\SK.HLP to \SYS\S.  Now
>Sidekick will find its help file no matter what the current directory is.

As of v1.56, Sidekick could find its help file as long as the help file was in
the directory that had been current at the time Sidekick was installed.  Thus,
my autoexec.bat changes to the \sidekick directory, starts sidekick, then
changes to the directory I want to end up in.
--
-bob,mon
"In this position, the skier is flying in a complete stall..."