[comp.sys.ibm.pc] JetScript

rbourass@udenva.cair.du.edu (Mr. Photography) (06/21/88)

We are currently running a Novell ANetware 286 v2.0a network with an
Hewlett Packard LaserJet Series II printer.  I would appreciate it if
anyone could pass on information regarding QMS's (Quality Micro Systems)
Jet Script hardware and software upgrade package.  We want to install
the hardware on the server so that all workstations can access it.
Anyone have any experience with this???

Please E-mail response and post at your option.
Thanks for the help!

Rich
rbourass@udenva

tbetz@dasys1.UUCP (Tom Betz) (06/24/88)

In article <10434@udenva.cair.du.edu> rbourass@udenva.cair.du.edu (Mr. Photography) writes:
>We are currently running a Novell ANetware 286 v2.0a network with an
>Hewlett Packard LaserJet Series II printer.  I would appreciate it if
>anyone could pass on information regarding QMS's (Quality Micro Systems)
>Jet Script hardware and software upgrade package.

I'm posting rather than e-mailing because this is a general interest response.

Last night on the local Personal Computer Show on WBAI-FM, I heard a report of
a product introduced this week at PC-Expo in NYC that provides the same
functionality as JetScript for a laserprinter, but is a totally software
solution, and was selling at the Expo for $195!  It will probably sell for
around $250 or so to the general public.  I didn't catch the name of the
product... perhaps someone else (Ross Greenberg, are you reading this?) will
fill in the blanks.  As another running a shared Laserjet, It sure piqued my
interest!  I think a $250 solution is to be preferred to a $1600 solution if
it works the same.

--
Tom Betz
ZCNY                               {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!tbetz