[comp.sys.ibm.pc] vga question

pajerek@kadsma.kadsm (Don Pajerek) (06/24/88)

In article <710@leah.Albany.Edu> msb62@leah.albany.edu.UUCP (M S Baltuch) writes:

>What I cannot do is initialize the vga card from the program.
>HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try picking up a copy of Richard Wilton's book _Programmer's Guide to IBM
Video Systems_, published by the Microsoft Press. This book has a very good
section on programming the VGA, including some material on the VGA BIOS.
There are VGA BIOS functions for initializing the card.

Not cheap at $25.00, but worth it.

>Mitch Baltuch

Don Pajerek

ralf@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Ralf Brown) (06/24/88)

In article <154@kadsma.kadsm> pajerek@kadsma.UUCP (Don Pajerek) writes:
}Try picking up a copy of Richard Wilton's book _Programmer's Guide to IBM
}Video Systems_, published by the Microsoft Press. This book has a very good
}section on programming the VGA, including some material on the VGA BIOS.
}There are VGA BIOS functions for initializing the card.
}
}Not cheap at $25.00, but worth it.

Before you spend your money, take a look at the interrupt call listing
available by anonymous FTP from SIMTEL20.ARPA as PD:<MSDOS.SYSUTL>INTERRUP.ARC
It may be all that you need.

The list is the most complete single listing available anywhere, if I do say
so myself (I'm the maintainer).  I'm still looking for PS/2 BIOS calls other
than the video calls, if anyone would like to contribute and get his/her
name enshrined in the list....

--
{harvard,uunet,ucbvax}!b.gp.cs.cmu.edu!ralf -=-=- AT&T: (412)268-3053 (school)
ARPA: RALF@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU |"Tolerance means excusing the mistakes others make.