[comp.sys.ibm.pc] program that reads Mac drawings?

marcus@wdl1.UUCP (Marcus Louie) (06/25/88)

I have a question concerning compatibility between IBMs and Macintoshes.
Does anyone know of any software that runs on the IBM that will read in
Macintosh drawings for review and modification?  Specifically, I'm looking
for a drawing/graphics package that will import MacDraw documents and allow
for modification.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Marcus Louie
Ford Aerospace Corporation

marcus@ford-wdl1.arpa
...{sun,sgi}!wdl1!marcus

walter@garth.UUCP (Walter Bays) (06/26/88)

In article <4160008@wdl1.UUCP> marcus@wdl1.UUCP (Marcus Louie) writes:
>Does anyone know of any software that runs on the IBM that will read in
>Macintosh drawings for review and modification?

I doubt if anything will let you modify them other than the same
application running on both machines (i.e., PageMaker), and the
drawings would be very limited.  Importing read-only is easy because
there's only one graphics "standard" for the importing application to
worry about.  I once gave up in disgust after a couple hours trying to
import graphics from several PC programs to Ventura Publisher.  I
redrew it all on a Mac, copied it over a TOPS network, and loaded it.
It took about 15 minutes, including walking back and forth between the
Mac and the AT.
My opinions are my own.  Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.
E-Mail route: ...!pyramid!garth!walter		(415) 852-2384
USPS: Intergraph APD, 2400 Geng Road, Palo Alto, California 94303