[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Genova VGA cards, plus need info

simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) (06/28/88)

1.  Does anyone out there have any comments about a GENOVA VGA card?
    I am getting one whether I like it or not, so I am curious about
    any successes or failures about them that anyone can pass along.

2.  What are good books or reference for VGA card information?

Thanks for any help

|     Greg Simmons             |      simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu  |
|     PO Box 3085              |--------------------------------|
|     Norfolk VA 23514         |      simmons@xanth.UUCP        |
| Give America a chance, vote republican. Just plain good sense |

bryan@award.UUCP (Bryan Richter) (06/29/88)

From article <5681@xanth.cs.odu.edu>, by simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons):

> 2.  What are good books or reference for VGA card information?

This isn't the first time I've seen this question, so I decided to post
my answer:

EGA/VGA A programmer's reference guide
Bradley Dyck Kliewer, available from McGraw Hill

It's a pretty good reference, and seems to be pretty complete (It's what
I use :-).

--bryan

<>  Bryan Richter @ Award Software, Inc., Los Gatos, CA
<>  UUCP:  {ucbvax|decwrl}!pyramid!daver!award!bryan
<>  VOICE: 408 370 7979 x315
<>  FAX:   408 370 3399 {G1|G2|G3 modes}

lye@boulder.Colorado.EDU (R. John Lye) (06/29/88)

In article <5681@xanth.cs.odu.edu> simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) writes:

>|     Greg Simmons             |      simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu  |
>|     PO Box 3085              |--------------------------------|
>|     Norfolk VA 23514         |      simmons@xanth.UUCP        |
>| Give America a chance, vote republican. Just plain good sense |
Vote Republican? Give America a chance?  Which America, the one
that's populated only by rich, white males and their subservient
white wives?

Please move further political comments into alt.politics

John Lye         	         |        ******TRIUMPH*****
lye@boulder.Colorado.EDU         |        Glory Still Exists

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (07/02/88)

In article <6876@sigi.Colorado.EDU>, lye@boulder.Colorado.EDU (R. John Lye) writes:
> In article <5681@xanth.cs.odu.edu> simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) writes:
> >| Give America a chance, vote republican. Just plain good sense |
> Vote Republican? Give America a chance?  Which America, the one
> that's populated only by rich, white males and their subservient
> white wives?
>
> Please move further political comments into alt.politics
> John Lye         	         |        ******TRIUMPH*****

Yes, now that Mr. Lye has engaged in character assasination, he wants
all further discussion moved elsewhere.

If you want to discuss signatures, discuss signatures -- but don't
put in your political opinions, then say, "further comments elsewhere".

Clayton E. Cramer