[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need Turbo C MCMVSMEM.OBJ for TCWIND16 window package

wales@valeria.CS.UCLA.EDU (07/05/88)

I am planning to use Daniel Evans' Turbo C window package (available
on the GRAPE.ECS.CLARKSON.EDU FTP BBS as TURBOC/TCWIND16.ARC) for a
data entry/manipulation application.

The documentation for the TCWIND16 package states that it uses a fast
video write routine, supplied as MCMVSMEM.OBJ in the Turbo C distri-
bution -- and that MCMVSMEM.OBJ must be linked into one's program in
order to use TCWIND16.

According to page 12 of the Turbo C User's Guide, both MCMVSMEM.C and
MCMVSMEM.OBJ are included in the Turbo C distribution.  However, these
routines are *not* on any of the disks in my Turbo C (Version 1.5).  I
assume that these files existed in Version 1.0, but were deleted for
Version 1.5 in conjunction with changes to the MicroCalc program that
used them.

If anyone out there has MCMVSMEM.C and/or MCMVSMEM.OBJ (presumably
because you originally bought Version 1.0 of Turbo C and later upgraded
to 1.5), could you please e-mail them to me?  Since I am a registered
user of Turbo C, I assume I have a right to use these files and that no
one sending them to me will be violating Borland's license agreement by
so doing (though I guess I'd better insert a standard disclaimer to the
effect that I'm not a lawyer).

Also, while I'm at it, does anyone know whether any later version of
Daniel Evans' window package has come out?  (The files in the version I
have are dated 7/24/87.)  Or, has someone else come out with a better
window package for Turbo C which I should consider using instead?
(Please note that, in order to be useful to me, a window package must
provide support for pop-up and/or pull-down command menus *and* be
usable in both the "small" and "compact" memory models.)

-- Rich Wales // UCLA Computer Science Department // +1 (213) 825-5683
   3531 Boelter Hall // Los Angeles, California 90024-1596 // USA
   wales@CS.UCLA.EDU      ...!(uunet,ucbvax,rutgers)!cs.ucla.edu!wales
   "We would all become unpeople, undoing unthings untogether."

In article <14134@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> wales@CS.UCLA.EDU (Rich Wales) writes:
>I am planning to use Daniel Evans' Turbo C window package (available
>on the GRAPE.ECS.CLARKSON.EDU FTP BBS as TURBOC/TCWIND16.ARC) for a
>data entry/manipulation application.
>(Please note that, in order to be useful to me, a window package must
>provide support for pop-up and/or pull-down command menus *and* be
>usable in both the "small" and "compact" memory models.)

There's also the 'turbbook.arc' files, which are *source* for a
windowing package.  (I just posted them there...)  Includes data entry
routines!  Includes overlapping windows!  Neat!  No documentation!
Buy the book!  :-)

Actually, given the quality of the source code, I would advise buying
the book for the documentation value alone.  One hopes that someone
(Al Davis) who can write good code can also describe the code in
English :-)
--
Pray that Bush gets re-elected so that the Republicans will be blamed for it.