[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Source Control System for PC

zifrony@TAURUS.BITNET (06/20/88)

    I am looking for a source control system for the IBM PC, that is,
something like RCS or SCCS.  I am willing to invest some money in it,
although I would prefer a Public Domain software.

    If any of you is familiar with such software, please mail me, or send
a followup article.

Doron Zifrony  --  zifrony@MATH.Tau.Ac.IL  or zifront@taurus.bitnet

tj@mks.UUCP (T. J. Thompson) (07/09/88)

In article <65100044@cdp>, jeff@cdp.UUCP writes:

> The source code for the original version of RCS was released in the public
> domain, if I recall correctly.

Unless this release was a very recent event, you do NOT recall correctly.
Quoting from the source which MKS licensed from Mr. Tichy:

 * Copyright (C) 1982 by Walter F. Tichy
 *		       Purdue University
 *		       Computer Science Department
 *		       West Lafayette, IN 47907
 *
 * All rights reserved. No part of this software may be sold or distributed
 * in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the
 * author.
--
     ll  // // ,'/~~\'   T. J. Thompson              uunet!watmath!mks!tj
    /ll/// //l' `\\\     Mortice Kern Systems Inc.         (519) 884-2251