[comp.sys.ibm.pc] ProcommPlus 1.1A update won't autod

reed@m.cs.uiuc.edu (07/11/88)

This is curious.  I just installed Windows/386 on my PS/2 Mod 80
and ran into a similar problem with Terminal, the Windows vt100
terminal emulator.  My Hayes modem expects a <CR> to terminate the
dial string, and I can't seem to find a way to place said <CR>
in the stored dial string...

Dan Reed
Department of Computer Science
reed@a.cs.uiuc.edu
...!ihnp4!uiucdcs!reed

bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) (07/11/88)

By any chance, have both Reed and Volow set some parameter to do "Unix
compatibility" by converting <CR>'s into <LF>'s ?  If so, the modem may
not be receiving any <CR>.

Procomm v2.4.2 can do this in the setup screen, although I tell it not to.
--
--	bob,mon				(bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)
--	"In this position, the skier is flying in a complete stall..."

mvolo@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Michael R. Volow) (07/12/88)

In article <10500@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (RAMontante) writes:
> By any chance, have both Reed and Volow set some parameter to do "Unix
> compatibility" by converting <CR>'s into <LF>'s ?  If so, the modem may
> not be receiving any <CR>.
>
> Procomm v2.4.2 can do this in the setup screen, although I tell it not to.
> --
> --	bob,mon				(bobmon@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu)
> --	"In this position, the skier is flying in a complete stall..."

Checked to see; CR = CR the way I've set up my ProcommPlus 1.1a.
Plan to check it with different modem on different computer.  I am
using COM2 because lightning zapped my COM1.  Assumed COM2 is O.K.
because it worked with ProcommPlus v. 1.0.  But maybe....
Also have JRAMIII memory board which can have some quirky incompat-
ibilities sometimes, although mostly with copy-protected game software.
We'll see if it works with the Z248 at work.

Maybe Reed and I should see if we have any hardware in common.

Michael R. Volow                   919 286 0411, page beeper #550
Dept. of Psychiatry                mvolo@ecsvax.UUCP
Durham Vet Admin Medical Center
Durham, N.C. 27705

reed@m.cs.uiuc.edu (07/14/88)

/* Written  5:00 pm  Jul 12, 1988 by mvolo@ecsvax.uncecs.edu in m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc */
In article <3190@crash.cts.com>, artw@pnet01.cts.com (Art Weiss) writes:

>     I had a similar problem when switching from PCPLus 1.0 to 1.1. I found
> that once I put &C1&D2 in my modem's non-volatile RAM it worked fine. If your
> modem is similar to mine (I have a Mitac 2400) then you should be able to do
> the same thing.
>                                                       ...Art

Just spoke with Datastorm, and they made the same suggestion.
Now ProcommPlus v. 1.1a seems to dial for me as well.  Magic....

Michael R. Volow                   919 286 0411, page beeper #550
Dept. of Psychiatry                mvolo@ecsvax.UUCP
Durham Vet Admin Medical Center
Durham, N.C. 27705
/* End of text from m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc */
Well, I just tried the same thing with Windows/386 (PS/2 Model 80
with Hayes 2400 baud modem) -- no cigar.  Terminal is unable to
connect to the modem (although the modem shows that it is receiving
data from the PS/2).

Dan Reed				reed@a.cs.uiuc.edu
Department of Computer Science		...uiucdcs!reed
University of Illinois

mvolo@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Michael R. Volow) (07/16/88)

> Well, I just tried the same thing with Windows/386 (PS/2 Model 80
> with Hayes 2400 baud modem) -- no cigar.  Terminal is unable to
> connect to the modem (although the modem shows that it is receiving
> data from the PS/2).
>
> Dan Reed				reed@a.cs.uiuc.edu

The postings of Weiss and myself indicate use of Mitac 2400 baud modems.
'AT&C1&D2&W' might not be the right string for your modem.  Have
you checked with Datastorm?