[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Autodial on Windows Terminal

stevewa@upvax.UUCP (Steve Ward) (07/17/88)

In article <8000023@m.cs.uiuc.edu> reed@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>Well, I just tried the same thing with Windows/386 (PS/2 Model 80
>with Hayes 2400 baud modem) -- no cigar.  Terminal is unable to
>connect to the modem (although the modem shows that it is receiving
>data from the PS/2).

I had the same problem with Windows 2.03 and an Everex 1200 baud internal
modem.  The problem only seems to occur when the modem is set to 7-bit
operation (naturally what I need to work on the Vax...) in 8-bit it works
fine.  This has been a problem on all programs I've tried (Procomm 2.4.2
works sometimes, but doesn't other times...I'm stumped)

I've not been able to get an answer as to the cause of this.

>Dan Reed				reed@a.cs.uiuc.edu
>Department of Computer Science		...uiucdcs!reed
>University of Illinois

Steve Ward
stevewa@upvax.UUCP
!tektronix!upvax!stevewa