[comp.sys.ibm.pc] CURSES library wanted

ajoseph@pyr1.cs.ucl.ac.uk (07/08/88)

Hey does anyone have or know of a version of the curses library either
binary or source that can be used on a PC? Thanks for the Info
								Adrian
Adrian Joseph
ajoseph@uk.ac.ucl.cs

sarb@spked.UUCP (Systems Integator Takhar) (07/10/88)

In article <39500017@pyr1.cs.ucl.ac.uk>, ajoseph@pyr1.cs.ucl.ac.uk writes:

> Hey does anyone have or know of a version of the curses library either
> binary or source that can be used on a PC? Thanks for the Info
> 								Adrian
> Adrian Joseph
> ajoseph@uk.ac.ucl.cs

If there is one out there, please let me know too....!!!!

Sarb

...ucbvax!ucdavis!spked!sarb

kgeisel@nfsun.UUCP (kurt geisel) (07/11/88)

Lattice has a package called "Lattice Curses" or something like that.  It is
a complete curses library for the PC.  Although it is put out by Lattice,
I know it works on a number of compilers, including Microsoft.

| Kurt Geisel, Intelligent Technology Group, Inc.                          |
| Bix: kgeisel                                                             |
| ARPA: kgeisel%nfsun@uunet.uu.net            US Snail:                    |
| UUCP: uunet!nfsun!kgeisel                    65 Lambeth Dr.              |
|                                              Pittsburgh, PA 15241        |
| Know Future                                                              |

chl@whuts.UUCP (LANG) (07/12/88)

In article <217@spked.UUCP>, sarb@spked.UUCP (Systems Integator Takhar) writes:
> In article <39500017@pyr1.cs.ucl.ac.uk>, ajoseph@pyr1.cs.ucl.ac.uk writes:
> >
> > Hey does anyone have or know of a version of the curses library either
> > binary or source that can be used on a PC? Thanks for the Info
I sent this info to the original poster who had a question about
CURSES library availability but it looks like more people could
use this info.

Lattice makes a CURSES package.  They have versions for both
Lattice C and Microsoft C.    They also sell the source.

There was also a Shareware package posted to the net called PCCURSES.
I believe it was just for Microsoft C.

Charlie Lang
AT&T Bell Labs
whuts!chl

cox@bentley.UUCP (MH Cox) (07/14/88)

In article <217@spked.UUCP> sarb@spked.UUCP writes:
>In article <39500017@pyr1.cs.ucl.ac.uk>, ajoseph@pyr1.cs.ucl.ac.uk writes:
>>
>> Hey does anyone have or know of a version of the curses library either
>> binary or source that can be used on a PC? Thanks for the Info
>> 								Adrian
>> Adrian Joseph
>> ajoseph@uk.ac.ucl.cs

Lattice Curses
Aspen Curses

I've used both and Aspen Curses seems more complete, up-to-date, and
supported (just a user; no affiliation with Aspen Curses)

Michael H. Cox			ARPA:  cox@garage.nj.att.com
AT&T Bell Labs			UUCP:  ihnp4!bentley!cox
184 Liberty Corner Road		COMPU$ERVE:  76525,3703
Rm 3N-D12
Warren, NJ  07060
(201) 580-4548

16012_3045@uwovax.uwo.ca (Paul Gomme) (07/14/88)

In article <4531@whuts.UUCP>, chl@whuts.UUCP (LANG) writes:

> There was also a Shareware package posted to the net called PCCURSES.
> I believe it was just for Microsoft C.
>
> Charlie Lang
> AT&T Bell Labs
> whuts!chl

	There's a version of PCCURSES available for Turbo C.  It includes
the source code, and is available from SIMTEL20.
Paul Gomme                             E-Mail:
Department of Economics
University of Western Ontario          Bitnet:  p.gomme@uwovax.bitnet
London, Ontario, Canada                         p.gomme@uwovax.uwo.ca
N6A 5B7                                ARPA:    p.gomme@uwo.ca
(519) 679-2111 ext. 6418

jeff@cdp.UUCP (07/18/88)

PC Curses (version 0.7) is available as a shareware package.
It provides pretty good SysV compatibility, is optimized for
the PC environment, and is actively maintained and updated.
To obtain a copy of the shareware distribution, send $5
(or one formatted 5-1/4" floppy, return mailer, return
label, and return postage) to:

	Jeff Dean, 710 Chimalus, Palo Alto, CA  94306

Note that this package is not the same as "pccurses" originally
distributed by Bjorn Larson.

	Jeff Dean
	{hplabs,parcvax}!cdp!jeff